As you probably would have heard New Zealand is suffering from the massive 6.3 Earthquake on Tuesday 22 February 2011 read more if you want to know how to donate!
I am safe and alright luckily because I don’t live in Christchurch! I live up in the North Island in Auckland!
100% of all proceeds to NZ Red Cross Christchurch relief fund, until March 5th.
The New Zealand App development community have come together to do their part in helping the victims of the deadlyChristchurch quake that shocked the nation.
Until March 5th, all proceeds from more than 33 iPhone and Mac apps made in New Zealand, plus a number of international apps, will go to the Red Cross in order to help quake victims.
Participating games can be found at: www.appappeal.co.nz
“The quake has been devastating to New Zealand and we all have friends and family in Christchurch that have been affected,” said David Frampton of Majic Jungle Software. “We know we can make a difference by banding together with our fellow developers to support the rescue and rebuilding efforts with the best tools we have, our apps.”
Companies and titles that are participating include:
• Majic Jungle Software: Chopper 2 – Universal App + Mac OS Chopper 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to the best selling App Store classic Chopper. Chopper 2 features 36 action packed missions over 12 unique and beautiful locations. It features a completely re-written 3D game engine, all new enemies, weapons, graphics, and missions, while still retaining the classic side scrolling game-play.
• Flightless: Top Dog: Farmyard Adventures – iOS Top Dog: Farmyard Adventures is a beautifully designed flocking and herding game for all ages, but kids will dig it the most. Top Dog: Farmyard Adventures is easy to play, but challenging to master. Simply draw a path to guide Top Dog around the farm. As he runs around the farm the animals scatter. It’s your job to help Top Dog herd the animals to where they need to be.
• Launching Pad Games – Scarlet and the Spark of Life: Scarlett Adventures Episode 1 – iOS Kidnapped? Standard princess procedure dictates dutifully awaiting rescue by a knight in shining armor. But Scarlett isn’t dutiful. She’s angry. She’s going to start a fight, make a daring escape, and ride into the sunset on an egotistical mechanical horse built from spare parts. Hang on…Scarlett and the Spark of Life is the first episode of the Scarlett Adventures, lovingly crafted in the spirit of classic ‘point and click’ adventures exclusively for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
• Pixelthis – Sheepish – iOS Old MacDonalds sheep station is suffering from a nasty drought. The sheep are quickly running out of grass, and all grassy paddocks look more like prickly hay bails! The neighboring station has plenty of grass but is very far away. Cross more than 100 levels of barren deserts, haunted graveyards and snow-covered wastelands over four stages as you complete tricky puzzles and puzzling obstacles to get to the fresh grass. There are also hidden secrets along the way – try to find them all for the biggest high scores and bonuses!
• Minimonos – MiniMonos Flight – iOSMiniMonos Flight is the fun and addictive new monkey flying game from the creators of MiniMonos.com! Tilt your iPhone left and right to swoop through the sky, collecting wind clouds—but watch out for the gray pollution clouds! They’ll sap your energy and send you plummeting down to Earth. If you find yourself falling, look for a trampoline to land on and bounce you back up in the air. Each game gets you closer to the next bonus level and the next surprise.
• Acorn Heroes – Acorn Money – iOS Acorn Money is your first step to getting control over your finances. Track your spending and income. Handle both one off payments and recurring transactions. Our handy graph feature lets you look ahead and be prepared for those expensive months we all have occasionally. Know where and when your money is coming. Know where it is going to. Gain the power to change your spending habits, avoid impulsive spending and save money for whatever’s most important to you.
• PikPok – Bird Strike – iOS In Bird Strike, you launch Gerald the Bird into the air at high velocity to see how high he can go. Collect rockets and pick-ups to help him soar higher and avoid obstacles that would stop his ascent. Eventually though, what goes up, must come down. Bird Strike Gold Edition is the ultimate version of Bird Strike, the popular addictive puzzle platform.
• Ancient Workshop – Ancient Frog HD – iPad A contemplative puzzle game set in a range of beautifully rendered natural environments. Guide your frogs one leg at a time across the board to a delicious fly. Take your time. There’s no hurry. Just you, a frog, the gentle interplay of dappled light, and the sounds of the forest. Ancient Frog HD updates the original classic with high definition graphics and expansive habitats.
• SoftwareX – Twenty Chinups – iOS From the makers of other successful fitness programs, Hundred Pushups and Two Hundred Situps comes: Twenty Chinups. If you’re serious about improving your upper body strength, follow this six week program and you’ll soon be on the way to 20 consecutive chin-ups. Chin-ups are a great exercise – using your own body weight against you! As such most people will struggle to do 2 chin-ups. If you follow our program we are positive that after the 6 weeks, you will be able to do twenty chin-ups.
• SoftwareX – Sleepmaker Waves, Sleepmaker Rain,Sleepmaker Storms, Sleepmaker Streams, Sleepmaker All in One and Sleepmaker Wildlife – iOSAll of the in-game Ad revenue from the Sleepmaker line of iOS apps will be included in the charity drive.
• Carnival Labs – Duck Shoot – iOSAll of the in-game Ad revenue from the free Duck Shoot iOS app got to the Red Cross.
• 3dot5 – Rugby 2011 – iOSThis app is your full guide to 2011 with complete schedules by team, venue and date and valuable information about each venue. This app is made in New Zealand by a team passionate about Rugby and the Land of the Long White Cloud. Live scores and rankings will be available as soon as the first game is kicked off so grab it now at the low introductory price and enjoy the full benefits in September and October! While you wait, catch all the latest Rugby news including 6 Nations and Super 15 scores and rankings!
“We hope that iPhone and iPad owners that are looking for a way to help the victims consider picking up one of our apps and 100 percent of the proceeds will go directly to the Red Cross,” said Jos Ruffell, portfolio manager for PikPok. “This is a rare chance to buy a game or app and feel great about helping out people who are in real need right now.”